About this Program
Recent research shows us that the early childhood years are the most important years in our lives. A well-rounded, safe, nurturing experience during that time forms the basis for how we learn and adapt the rest of our life. Time spent at an Academy plays an important part in that development.
We believe in an elevated standard to promote a quality basis for education
Our Prekindergarten program includes:
- Activities and lessons that help prepare your child for kindergarten and school success
- Small-group lessons focused on mathematics, literacy, science and more
- Whole-group activities that help your child build an awareness of others and a sense of community
- Daily small and large group activities.
- Hands-on experiences that encourage independent, creative learning
- Classroom activities and design features that help your child build literacy and numeracy skills
- Regular parent-teacher communication, including ways to connect your child’s learning at home
Kindergarten Readiness Program Specifications:
AristoCat Children’s Academy is pleased to offer the hands-on learning our children need with kindergarten-readiness activities based on the best national early-childhood standards.
Throughout the year prior to kindergarten, your child will learn to be independent thinkers and doers. Children at this developmental stage require challenges, respond to motivation and crave encouragement.
In our Kindergarten Readiness curriculum, there are many independent, as well as group, activities for your child to enjoy throughout the day. These activities allow your child to enjoy learning and to share what they have learned with others.
To engage and nurture your child, we provide a balance of freedom and instruction. AristoCat Children’s Academy is where your child not only builds skills vital to success in kindergarten, but also gains respect for others and a strong confidence in him or herself.
They will explore, inquire and discover solutions while working alone and with others. Throughout our safe learning environment, we offer activities to develop literacy, mathematical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity, focused on important foundational skills.
Kindergarten Readiness skills may include, but are not limited to:
- Listen to stories without interrupting
- Recognize rhyming sounds
- Pay attention for short periods of time to adult-directed tasks
- Understand actions have both causes and effects
- Show understanding of general times of day
- Cutting with scissors
- Trace basic shapes
- Begin to share with others
- Start to follow rules
- Be able to recognize authority
- Manage bathroom needs
- Button shirts, pants, coats, and zip up zippers
- Begin to control oneself
- Separate from parents without being upset
- Speak understandably
- Talk in complete sentences of five to six words
- Look at pictures and then tell stories
- Identify rhyming words
- Identify the beginning sound of some words
- Identify some alphabet letters
- Recognize some common sight words like “stop”
- Sort similar objects by color, size, and shape
- Recognize groups of one, two, three, four, and five objects
- Count to ten
- Bounce a ball
My children have attended ACA for three years now...
They enjoy it more and more each day. The teachers are very loving and nurturing. My kids learn various amazing things each day. I can really tell the teachers love my children and their job. I highly recommend them to anyone. They are truly amazing and go above and beyond.
Questions & Answers
Yes. Please contact AristoCat Children’s Academy for availability and rates at 435-654-7439.
A high level of individualized attention for your child due to our small group sizes and low teacher-to-student ratios.
Excellent preparation for kindergarten. Our students are well prepared for the challenges of elementary school and beyond.
Convenient pickup and drop off transportation provided for all schools in the valley.
See what others say about us
Have any questions for us?
We hope to show your family how AristoCat Children's Academy can not only help your child to grow, learn and succeed but ensure that your entire family is valued as an extension of our own. Please fee free to contact us with any questions or to schedule a visit!